Friday, September 23, 2016

Pandemonia Panacea


Photo Courtesy Of Christina Georgiadou

IS LIFE IN PLASTIC FANTASTIC?
On the surface, it’s all glossy and fabulous. Inside, it's a little claustrophobic.

WHERE WERE YOU BORN AND RAISED AND WHERE DO YOU LIVE NOW?
London. I still live in central London. It's very handy for popping up at all those fashion and art shows.

WHAT WERE YOUR CHILDHOOD DREAMS?
To be an outlaw.

WHY ARTIST?
It's the only occupation that allows you to explore our existence, while engaging in conversation with the world.
 
IN WHAT GENRE WOULD YOU CLASSIFY YOUR ART?
Digital technology and social media is changing our world. The categories for art are changing. My work is concerned with the collective myths and the inter-subjective world we all inhabit. At present my work is not defined to one specific category or genre.

ARE YOU A PRAGMATIST OR A FANTASIST?
I think there is something in the pragmatic philosophy of Peirce and Dewey: what works works. I see myself as more of a realist. My work exists squarely in this world.

WHAT IS YOUR CREATIVE PROCESS AND WHAT ARE YOUR SOURCES OF INSPIRATION?
As an anonymous artist I pass through the city unnoticed observing the culture and people in it. I use the good old sketch book to place drawings and notes. I get a lot of inspiration from the mass media. I also read a lot of books.

WHO DESIGNS YOUR COSTUMES?
I do. I design and make all my work. Eventually I would like to have a team help me make so I can realize greater possibilities.

IS ANONYMITY UNDERRATED?
Totally! People are giving everything away for convenience. In the analogue age your personal life was precious.

SILENCE OR NOISE?
Living in the city silence is a thing of rare beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment