Sunday, January 15, 2017

Elaine Hersby

Photo Courtesy Of Elaine Hersby

WHERE ARE YOU PRESENTLY LOCATED?
We are based in Copenhagen.

 WHAT’S THE BEST THING ABOUT YOUR CITY?
The four different seasons, and you are able to ride a bike everywhere.

WHERE WERE YOU BORN AND RAISED?
I was born in Sweden and grew up in Denmark, Copenhagen.

WHAT WERE YOUR CHILDHOOD ASPIRATIONS?
I was an elite gymnast as a kid, which was my dream to be one of the best in Denmark, if I couldn’t be a designer.

WHAT SPARKED YOUR INTEREST IN FASHION AND WHEN WAS YOUR LABEL FOUNDED?
 My dad was a big fashionista and inspiration in my childhood. My mom went to the same design school as me, so she thought me how to sew when I was six. I’ve always had a passion for fashion and a weakness for good handcraft.

WHAT IS YOUR BACKGROUND TRAINING?
I received my educated from the Danish design school, Margrethe-Skolen, and I’ve been trained by Henrik Vibskov.

WHAT IS YOUR CREATIVE PROCESS?
It varies each season. Inspiration, sketches and sourcing is one big mix in my creative process. There are ofcourse always changes in the last minute.

HOW WOULD YOU DESCRIBE YOUR BRAND’S AESTHETICS?
Wearable. Minimalistic. High quality clothes with a sporty twist.

WHO OR WHAT ARE YOUR GREATEST INFLUENCES?
To be honest, a very powerful and strong woman called Coco Chanel.

HOW WOULD YOU DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONAL STYLE AND TASTE?
Sporty with feminine details and comfort with high quality. ANY HOBBIES? Well my business started as a hobby that I suddenly do every day. Other than that, I dance, surf and love skiing.

HOW DO YOU UNWIND? 
With a huge five o’clock cocktail.

No comments:

Post a Comment