Monday, July 17, 2017

Where To Stay?

Photo Courtesy Of The Classic Roma

If you're planning a city vacation or business trip to Rome soon, the one place I recommend you stay is at the family owned hotel The Classic Roma.  

Centrally located, and less than half an hours walk away from the central station Termini, with both the Spanish Steps and the Trevi Fountain around the corner, The Classic Roma feels more like home than a hotel. Literally. On my first day in Rome when I had an entire schedule mapped out, I decided that the best and healthiest thing for me to do was get some gelato and then return for a full blown staycation. In Greek mythology this is known as Pasithea or Pasithee. In street vernacular, chilling out!

Work? Mañana, mañana.

Apart from the ultra friendly and efficient staff, the breakfast buffet is up there, too, with both sweet and savoury treats. I especially enjoyed the dining room. The interior design which is very contemporary Rome. A lot of the hotel's interior is probably owed to the Elena, the hotel owner's daughter who's an alumna of Central Saint Martins, and is currently crafting at Artigianato e Design.

The only down side is that Rome gets extremly hot during the summer months. This is a cautionary tale if you intend to do a lot of sightseeing, wear fancy shoes and be cute. Don't. My sister alerted me to pack sneakers. I didn't because I own lots of comfortable leather flats. Hence I packed no sandals, no flip flops. Nothing. And on one fateful day where I could actually see Ra and the concrete melt in some places, I wore high heels. It was like self-flagellation. Ah, the pain and passion.

Still, I loved every second of my trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment